The school district will be presenting its annual Academic Achievement Report at the Board of Education meeting Monday at 7:30 p.m. Return to Lacey Patch for live coverage.
The presentation will include a brief summary of the new accountability program for student achievement progress and test results trend data including student achievement data for 2012 for students in grades three through 11, said Superintendent Dr. Sandra Brower. SAT and college acceptance information will also be provided.
Brower will be summarizing data from the recent 2010-11 report card and report on an action plan for progress and intervention, she said.
School report cards are released each year and are categorized by school environment, student information, student performance indicators, staff information, and district financial data.
Data from the latest report card, which was released in May, for LTHS included:
- The average class sizes for grades nine through 11 at LTHS is under the state average. The total average of the high school is 16.7 while the state is 19.1.
- The Student/Faculty ratio is down since last year at 10.9 compared to the state's 11.0.
- The percentage of Students with Disabilities is 15.9 compared to last year’s 16. 5.
- The number of students ranked proficient in the High School Proficiency Assessment (HSPA) in Language Arts Literacy is 77.1 percent compared to 77.6 percent in 2010. The state’s percentage of proficient students 69.3 percent. 6.9 percent are partially proficient.
- The number of students ranked proficient in the HSPA in Mathematics is 60.3 percent compared to 59.8 percent in 2010. The state’s percentage of proficient students is 50.5 percent. 23.3 percent are partially proficient.
- The number of students taking the Scholastic Assessment Test (SAT) increased by 16 since the 2009-2010 school year. The average score for LTHS are as follows: Mathematics- 508 versus the state’s average of 518, Verbal- 478 versus the state’s average of 494, and Essay- 473 versus the state’s average of 496.
- The Advanced Placement Participation for grades 11 and 12 is significantly lower than the states percentage. Only 11.9 percent of LTHS students take AP courses while 39.9 percent of the state participates. But that is an 80.3 percent increase from the previous year as last year only 6.6 percent of LTHS students took AP courses.
- The dropout rate of LTHS students increased to 3.0 percent from 2.2 percent while the state’s is at 1.5 percent.
- The graduation rate for LTHS students also decreased since last year from 94 percent to 90.77 percent.
- Faculty and Administrator Credentials: 75.7 percent have a Bachelor’s Degree while 24.3 percent have a Masters.
- The average salary of a school administrator in Lacey is $102,026 down from $104,049 in 2009-2010 and compared to the states $119,491. The average salary of a Lacey Township teacher is $54,391 up from $52,848 in 2009-2010 and compared to the state’s $63,851.
- The total cost per pupil in Lacey Township is $15,179 up from $15,079 in 2009-2010.
Click on the links below for Lacey Township School District’s report cards:
For a copy of the school board agenda, please see the attached PDF.