We would like to pass along some helpful information we received regarding FEMA and how to apply for assistance that is available on the FEMA website.
How to Apply for Assistance
- Those in the county designated for assistance to affected residents and business owners can begin the disaster application process by registering online at www.DisasterAssistance.gov, by web enabled mobile device at m.fema.gov, or by calling 800-621-FEMA (3362). Disaster assistance applicants, who have a speech disability or hearing loss and use TTY, should call 1-800-462-7585 directly; for those who use 711 or Video Relay Service (VRS), call 1-800-621-3362. The toll-free telephone numbers are available from 7 a.m. to 10 p.m. (local time) Monday through Sunday until further notice. Applicants registering for aid should be prepared to provide basic information about themselves (name, permanent address, phone number), insurance coverage and any other information to help substantiate losses.
- Application procedures for local and state governments will be explained at a series of federal/state applicant briefings with locations to be announced in the affected area by recovery officials. Approved mitigation projects are paid through the state from funding provided by FEMA and other participating federal agencies.
What Information Do I Need To Apply?
Whether applying at DisasterAssistance.gov from your computer or smartphone, or over the phone through a FEMA call center, you should have a pen and paper and the following information ready:
- Your Social Security number
- Current and pre-disaster address
- A telephone number where you can be contacted
- Insurance information
- Total household annual income
- A routing and account number from your bank (only necessary if you want to have disaster assistance funds transferred directly into your bank account) Lookup your bank routing number.
- A description of your losses that were caused by the disaster
After you've completed your application for assistance, you will receive a FEMA application number. Write down this number and keep it for future reference.
We hope you find this information helpful as we begin the process of rebuilding. If you have sustained damage and have not yet reported it to your insurance company, we urge you to do so as soon as possible. If you are insured with Hauswirth & Sons Insurance, our entire staff is standing by ready to take your claims. We have electricity, phones, and internet. Call us at 609-693-3123 or email your claim to firstname.lastname@example.org. Follow-us on Facebook for the latest updates.