Deputy Mayor David Most will be sworn in as mayor at the township’s Annual Reorganization Meeting on Tuesday, Jan. 1 at noon.
Mark Dykoff will step down as mayor as Most is sworn in. Dykoff has served on the governing body for nine years.
“Thank you all for working with me this year,” Dykoff said to the Committee members at Thursday’s Committee meeting.
Most will be taking on the role after serving on the Committee for seven years. He has two years remaining in this term.
The meeting will also include the swearing in of Committeemen-elect Dykoff and Gary Quinn.
The power will remain in the hands of the Republicans as there are still three Republicans and two Democrats on the Committee. Dykoff and Quinn were re-elected with 77 percent of the votes against Democratic newcomer Shawn Judson.
The committee has been maintained by a Republican majority for more than a decade.
Appointments will also be made at the reorganization meeting for township attorney, engineer, prosecutor, auditor and other positions and committees.
Also, a temporary budget for 2013 will be voted on and a calendar for 2013 township meetings will be set.
Below is the agenda for the Reorganization Meeting. Return to Lacey Patch for stories following the meeting. We’ll also be covering the meeting live.
Township of Lacey - Reorganization
Jan. 1, 2013 - noon
Statement: Adequate notice of this meeting has been given in accordance with the Open Public Meetings Act, pursuant to Public Laws of 1975, Chapter 231. Said notice was advertised in the Asbury Park Press and the Lacey Beacon and was posted on the bulletin board showing the time and place of the meeting.
Salute to the Flag
Moment of Silence
1. Swearing in of Committeeman-Elect Gary Quinn
2. Swearing in of Committeeman-elect Mark Dykoff
3. Nomination of the Mayor for 2013
4. Nomination of the Deputy Mayor for 2013
5. Swearing in of the Mayor for 2013
6. Swearing in of the Deputy Mayor for 2013
7. Resolution #2013-01 Making Various Municipal Appointments for 2013
8. Resolution #2013-02 Authorizing the Appointment of a Township Attorney
9. Resolution #2013-03 Authorizing the Appointment of a Township Engineer
10. Resolution #2013-04 Authorizing the Appointment of a Prosecutor
11. Resolution #2013-05 Authorizing the Appointment of a Township Auditor
12. Resolution #2013-06 Authorizing the Appointment of a Public Defender
13. Resolution #2013-07 Authorizing the Appointment of a Conflict Public Defender
14. Resolution #2013-08 Authorizing the Appointment of Labor Counsel
15. Resolution #2013-09 Authorizing the Appointment of Bond Counsel
16. Resolution #2013-10 Authorizing the Appointment of Township Physicians
17. Resolution #2013-11 Authorizing the Appointment of a Tax Map Maintenance Engineer
18. Resolution #2013-12 Authorizing the Appointment of Township Architect
19. Resolution #2013-13 Authorizing the Appointment of Title Search Company
20. Resolution #2013-14 Authorizing the Appointment of an Appraisal Company
21. Resolution #2013-15 Authorizing the Appointment of a Director of Community Development
22. Resolution #2013-16 Authorizing the Appointment of a Recreation Director
23. Resolution #2013-17 Authorizing the Appointment of a Municipal Alliance Coordinator
24. Resolution #2013-18 Authorizing the Appointment of an Emergency Management Coordinator
25. Resolution #2013-19 Appointing Substitute Sub-code Officials
26. Resolution #2013-20 Appointing A Public Agency Affirmative Action Officer
27. Resolution #2013-21 Appointing Class I Special Officers
28. Resolution #2013-22 Appointing School Crossing Guards
29. Resolution #2013-23 Appointing a Safety Coordinator and an Alternate
30. Resolution #2013-24 Appointing a Representative and an Alternate to the Municipal Insurance Fund
31. Resolution #2013-25 Appointing a Representative and an Alternate to the Community Development Block Grant Committee
32. Resolution #2013-26 Appointing a Class II Member to the Planning Board
33. Resolution #2013-27 Appointing a Class III Member to the Planning Board
34. Resolution #2013-28 Appointing Class IV Members to the Planning Board
35. Resolution #2013-29 Appointing Alternate Members to the Planning Board
36. Resolution #2013-30 Appointing Members to the Zoning Board of Adjustment
37. Resolution #2013-31 Appointing Alternate Members to the Zoning Board of Adjustment
38. Resolution #2013-32 Appointing Members to the Board of Health
39. Resolution #2013-33 Appointing Alternate Members to the Board of Health
40. Resolution #2013-34 Appointing Members to the Environmental Commission
41. Resolution #2013-35 Appointing an Alternate Member to the Environmental Commission
42. Resolution #2013-36 Appointing a Member to the Lacey Municipal Utilities Authority
43. Resolution #2013-37 Appointing a Member to the Economic Development Commission
44. Resolution #2013-38 Appointing Members to the ADA Committee
45. Resolution #2013-39 Appointing Members to the Solid Waste Advisory Committee
46. Resolution #2013-40 Appointing Members to the Beautification Committee
47. Resolution #2013-41 Appointing Members to the Senior Citizen Recreation Committee
48. Resolution #2013-42 Appointing Members to the Senior Citizen Advisory Committee
49. Resolution #2013-43 Appointing Members to the Veterans Commission
50. Resolution #2013-44 Appointing Members to the Municipal Alliance Committee
51. Resolution #2013-45 Authorizing a Temporary Budget for 2013
52. Resolution #2013-46 Authorizing the Deposit of Public Funds in NJ Banks
53. Resolution #2013-47 Establishing the Interest Rate on Delinquent Taxes
54. Resolution #2013-48 Providing For Dates of Township Meetings and the Official Newspaper of the Township
Comments from the Public
Comments from the Committee