Lacey Township’s beaches may not border an ocean but there is beach access to a creek and lakes. The beaches are close in vicinity to the downtown area where there are restaurants and shopping centers.
There are four beaches in Lacey that will open Saturday, June 16: Cedar Creek Beach on Forrest Avenue in Lanoka Harbor, Bamber Lake Beach in Bamber Lake, Deerhead Lake Beach on Deerhead Lake Drive in Forked River and Lake Barnegat Beach on Lakeside Drive in Forked River.
Lacey Township is also home to Meadowlark Beach on Meadowlark Dirve in Lanoka Harbor and Forked River Beach Park on Beach Boulevard in Forked River, both off of the Barnegat Bay. Beach badges are not required.
- Beach badges are $5 and are required for people over the age of 7. Badges will be available starting June 1 in the Recreation Office from 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. on weekdays and on Saturdays from 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. in June and July. Proof of residency is required. Badges will be required starting Saturday, June 25. Call 609-693-1100, ext. 2203 for more information.
- Lifeguard hours are from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m.
- Parking: Parking lots or on-street parking; no meters.
- Restroom facilities are available.
- Food and drinks are not permitted.