1. Today is the deadline to submit an application for the township Economic Development Commission. If you’re interested in serving on the commission, fill out a citizen leadership resume and either e-mail it to email@example.com or mail it to the township administrator at the Municipal Building.
2. There is a Scholastic Book Fair at the Lanoka Harbor Elementary School through Friday, March 2.
3. There is a free real estate tax appeal seminar at 500 S. Main St. in Forked River at 2 p.m.
4. Jenkinson’s Aquarium in Point Pleasant Beach is offering FrogWatch USA Training from 6 to 8 p.m. This session will provide you with the tools to collect and report information about New Jersey frogs. The findings will be used in a national study. Participants, ages 16 and up, are required to complete a skills test. For more information call 732-899-1659.
5. Stop by the Lacey Library at 7 p.m. to learn about the resources that focus on African-American genealogies and histories in Monmouth and Ocean Counties. For more information call 609-693-8566.