1. The first leaf pickup cycle began on Monday, April 9. Leaves must be placed at curbside by 7 a.m. For more information on leaf pickup, click here. Each cycle will take 10 working days.
2. Residents can still drop new children’s books off at Blue Boon Books on Route 9 as part of the United Through Reading’s Military Program. Deployed service men and women read a book while being recorded on DVD. The DVD and book are then sent to the child.
3. The Ocean County Mentoring Program is looking for volunteers to develop friendships with children ages 8 to 11. The mentoring coordinator will be at the County Connection to provide information from 11 a.m. to 1 p.m.
4. Surflight is showing “Murder at Hippie High Class Reunion” at 7 p.m. Admission includes a three-course dinner. For more information call 609-898-9650.
5. The Ocean County Theatre Company presents “Good,” a show about a “good” man who was drawn into the Nazi turmoil of World War II. The show begins at 7:30 p.m.