'Small' Oven Fire Contained in Beach Boulevard Home
A fire ignited in the oven of a Beach Boulevard home Wednesday afternoon
An oven fire sparked in a Beach Boulevard home this afternoon but was contained and controlled within minutes, said Ray Brandmahl, Chief of the Forked River Fire Company.
A call came into the Forked River Fire Company at 4:23 p.m. for a “fully involved” fire on the 100 block of Beach Boulevard, Brandmahl said. The blaze was "small."
“It was mostly contained to the oven,” he said.
There were no injuries reported and the house is livable, he said, although, the area will have to be cleaned up. Some of the cabinets and wall sustained damage.
“I was impressed. The fire department responded quickly,” said Kryzie Louis, who lives next door.
Louis’ neighbor ran up to the family and said her house was on fire, she said. She was able to smell the smoke.
“It makes you nervous when it’s so close to home,” she said.
The Lacey Township Police Department directed traffic during the incident.
Lacey EMS, the Lanoka Harbor Fire Department and the Ocean County Fire Marshal also responded.